Friday, August 10, 2007

My Tour Through Washington, Charlotte, Birmingham

During the last several weeks, I have not had a chance to post an entry, but I have kept my promise to answer many of the individual emails that you have sent while I have been on the media tour to publicize the paperback edition of my book, The Senator and The Socialite. Those of you who welcomed me at Karibu Books in Washington DC, at Books a Million in Birmingham Alabama and at Joseph-Beth Bookstore in Charlotte, North Carolina were kind to attend my presentations and join the discussion about the issues of race, gender and class in American politics.

The Birmingham Times story ran last week and the Charlotte Observer ran this week. The Charlotte Post story will run next week. Many of you who attended the appearances will see that the various newspaper photogaphers were kind enough to run many photos of you along with the stories.

I also want to thank several of you for noting the article in Jet Magazine about my wife, Pamela Thomas-Graham, and sending us extra copies. Women's Wear Daily mentioned her in their #7 ranking of the WWD top 100 brands and labels. I am proud of her hard work.

When my book tour is completed at the end of the month, I will resume a regular schedule and return to posting the entries that focus more on current day politics and social issues. In the interim, I hope you will continue to tune in when I visit your city. For those in the New York City and Westchester area, please watch my political TV commentary with Michael Edelman as we appear with hosts Janine Rose and Brian Conybeare on News 12's "Newsmakers". This weekend, we are looking at local races and also speaking about how Presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Rudy Guiliani are shaping up---and what it would mean if New York mayor Mike Bloomberg enters the race. A new Wall Street Journal-NBC TV poll suggests that while Clinton is ahead of Guiliani by 4 or 5 points, if Bloomberg entered the race, he would take some of the former mayor's supporters, and give Clinton an even greater lead.

Until we speak again... I look forward to seeing those who are welcoming me during my upcoming visit to Chicago and Detroit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Mr. Graham,
My name is Branden Brooks and I am a big fan of your work. I was going to ask whether you thought about writing a book on how to raise children but I remembered that you kind of laid out a map in "Our Kind Of People". However, I think a extensive book on raising African American children would be well received.

Please check out my blog and leave a comment if you have the time or you can send me an email.

Grady F. Fuller III said...

Lawrence,

Just want to tell you how proud we are of you! I attended White Plains HS with you back in the 70s! :) You have made the Tigers very proud! Keep up the excellent work!

Regards,

Grady F. Fuller III